Thursday, September 8, 2011

You are what you eat....Update!!!

My juicer came in the mail today!!!  (was borrowing my sisters)  I am so excited!  I considered a Breville Ikon, but decided on an Omega.  We also got a cheaper, Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer for the cabin. 

Having a great week, staying on task pretty well.  I am juicing twice per day, eating 1 normal meal and snacking with the juice.  A little tough this weekend with the holiday, but did pretty well overall.  My appetite is decreased and I am getting fuller faster.

I GOT MY CHOLESTEROL BACK!!!!  I realize I care about these numbers more than most, but remember I see sick people for a living so I know what they lead to.  I am so excited because for the first time ever, I am in a normal cholesterol range!! 

                                 2004              Feb, 2011         Now

Total Cholesterol:       278                 236                  167
LDL (bad)                      190                 140                   102
HDL                                   42                     71                    52
Triglycerides              160                  124                   70

I am not sure how much you know about cholesterol, but these numbers are remarkable.  First of all, the 2005 numbers are really bad, especially for a girl in her 20s (bad genes, bad diet!)  I have prescribed cholesterol medicines for many many people over the past 9 years and have NEVER seen a reduction like this!!  Diet makes a difference!!!  If I can correct something with diet, why would I take a drug?  I am pumped!!!  Start eating your fruits and vegetables!  Put down that junk!!!  Love!!

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.  ~Doug Larson

1 comment:

  1. That is AMAZING! This really, really makes me want to start juicing. At my last physical my cholesterol was "elevated" (that's all they told me; I need to get the exact numbers). I want to see if I can get mine down like this.

    So, any suggestions on a good but affordable juicer? Remember I'm 1) Poor and 2) Cheap. :)

    ReplyDelete