Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 2 of the Juice

Weight 140.6, down 3 lbs

Not bad for 1 day!  That is motivating in and of itself.  Woke up a little more energetic that normal.  Maybe it was just the excitement, but I was up and at em'.  Had my smoothie for breakfast...business as usual:  strawberries, blueberries, mango, banana, almond mild, orange juice, flax seed.  I had to work and it was crazy busy.  I juiced before leaving: 4 oranges, 4 carrots, 1 lime, broccoli and kale.  I had to chug the juice between patients because there was simply no time.  I was a bit hungry but it was just because I did not have time to eat or drink more.  I had taken an apple, nuts and carrots but did not get a chance to eat them.  I had juiced less, since I felt that I had overdone it the day before.  I only had about 10 oz of juice.  It was really really good, probably our best yet.  I wished that I had more!  I left work in a hurry because we were planning for a house full of people last night.  I stopped by the grocery and bought some bananas, so I had one of those in the car on the way home. 
I came home and started food prep for the party.  I intended to juice before everyone arrived, but again I was rushed and did not have the time. I made homemade guacamole and hummus, chocolate chip cookies and a baked a baguette of bread.  It all smelled really really good.  The cookies certainly had my attention, but I stayed firm.  I ate some guacamole.  It was legit: avocado, lime, tomato, red onion and jalapeno.  It was GOOD!!  I have never eaten guacamole without chips but I was hungry and it was amazing!  Our party spread was superb...I prepared a butcher block with bread, cheeses, olives, carrots, grapes, almonds and walnuts.  We had the hummus and guac with pita and tortilla chips.  My guests brought beer and butter braised clams, a beautiful vegetable platter with  a cream cheese spread, strawberries and kiwi and another block of cheese and crackers.  The block of blue cheese had to have been my greatest temptation.  I did not expect that.  Blue cheese is strong and the smell was incredibly tempting.  I did not eat the blue cheese.  I had a plate of veggies and nuts and olives.  I ate a lot.  But it was all withing my rules. 
 I drank a bit too, of course.  The day was quite easy.  I stayed so busy I had no time to consider cheating.  While there were tempting foods at party, we had a lot of good food that I could enjoy.  I had some hungry moments throughout the day but that was more of a lack of time than lack of food.  Overall, I felt quite satisfied at the end of the day.  I don't feel that I was as clean as day 1. Even though I did not cheat, I feel a bit as though I did with all those olives and guacamole and beer! So, tomorrow is another day, day 3 to be exact.  Staying strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment