Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 5, on the downhill slope...


Day 5
140.4lbs WOOT WOOT!!!

A good easy day, in spite of some obstacles. 

Morning was smoothie as usual, then juiced the capple zing again (cuz it was so delicious the day before).  I just added a little kale: carrots, apples, kale, ginger, lemon.  I juiced about 20 oz and downed every drop by noon and had a banana around 1:30. 

I was back with my family for the afternoon and started feeling the hunger pains around 4.  I had nothing to eat/drink!  AND, I was going to spend the afternoon with my grandmother.  She is the greatest cook on earth PLUS, that is where I always cheat!  Luckily she wasn't really cooking a big meal.  She had BBQ sandwiches, chips and potato salad.  I knew what I was in for so on the way to her house, I stopped at Publix.  I did not know what I was going to get but I knew it had to be good to minimize the temptations at gmas.  So, I am wandering around Publix through the deli and produce sections.  I decide on an organic nectarine and a salad.  The pre-made salads all had cheese, so I requested a custom order.  Who knew what a tall order that was.  The poor lady had to keep going out on the floor to pull vegetables and olives to make the salad.   I felt a little bad, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?  The salad had lettuce, tomatoes, onions, banana peppers and olives.  It was big and delicioso!  My grandmother tried to force some Reeses Peanut Butter cups on me for "dessert".  "They are sugar free, Don't you want just one".  I told her to stop sabotaging me ; ) 

We finished out our visit with a walk to the pear tree, me, my grandmother and my dad.  It was cute and pretty funny.  We were all throwing rotten pears at each other and jumping up to get the good high ones.  I left with a BIG sackful of pears.  I got home last night around 8:30 and Cary and I juiced pure, delicious, grandma grown pears.  The juice was amazing.  It was a highlight from the week.  I am getting close now!  Today is actually day 6, that means tomorrow is day 7 and you know what that means!!!

3 comments:

  1. You have totally rocked this juice/raw fast. I am so impressed!

    It makes me want to do one; but I'm leaving for Dragon*Con tomorrow, so I know it's not reasonable right now. Maybe when I get back...

    The pear juice looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandmas cannot be accused of sabotage. Come on now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you! I expect a full-on blog on Saturday, describing in great detail your feast on Friday!

    So glad you feel so good...you look mahvelous!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete