Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 4... Juice on!!!

Yesterday was Day 4: all in all another good/easier than expected day.  I am officially in the zone : ) I am over the hump!
weight 141- another disappointment, but hanging in there

I am always writing these the next morning.  It is hard not to impose today's mood on yesterday's blog...  Yesterday was a little tough, today I feel amazing!  But, I will tell you more about that tomorrow. 

So, yesterday (day 4)...

Breakfast as usual.  Good as always.  I actually used to hate smoothies but have really grown to love them.  Cary is the official smoothie maker.  Every morning around 7am he makes breakfast while I am juicing for lunch.  This morning I woke up a bit late and was only working til lunchtime, so I did not juice.  I asked him to make a little extra smoothie so I could have a mid morning snack. 

At work, we have lunch catered everyday (now you understand the weight issues).  Lunches in general have become a challenge.  I usually bring my own lunch but have historically been tempted by the brownies and cakes they bring for dessert.  It is a pretty rare day and a huge score for me when something is brought that I can/will actual eat.  I have long gotten over the temptation of fried chicken and lasagna.  The crazy unhealthy stuff does not appeal so much to me anymore.  Yesterday though, we had greek food: pitas, hummus, salad, grilled chicken, greek yogurt, rice....  Any other time, this would have been MY day, food I could actual eat and feel good about.  BUT, not yesterday.  Even though it was pretty healthy stuff, it did not meet my criteria.  I got out my smoothie and made a small salad with lettuce, red pepper, olives, tomatoes, cucumber and onion.  I was focused.  I was satisfied.  I was fine.  I added greek food to the things I will eat next week ; )

The Big Book of Juices: More Than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every DayI got home and Cary had juiced 8 carrots, 2 apples, ginger and lime "capple zing" in our book.  I had drank/eaten my lunch just about 1 hr before so I truly was not hungry.  We left to go to Nashville at about 3:30 and I took my capple zing on the road.  It was really really delicious!  By 7 pm I was getting hungry!  My dad was there and he ate fried chicken and chocolate chip cookies while I nibbled on some carrots, tomatoes, grapes and a 1/2banana : (  We got home around 9pm.  I was still hungry but opted to sleep it off.  I am not used to going to bed hungry, but I knew I would survive.  I have plenty of extra fat stored for just these occasions and I was thinking this might just help me break 141lbs.  (you know I am in a good mood today, stay tuned.....)

I like that juicing can be so mobile.  It takes some prep, but not nearly as much a cooking/preparing healthy meals.  I seem to always be in a hurry and on the go and juicing is working for that.  Another positive, I have slept like a baby, which is really unusual for me.  I have not been stressed or grumpy, which I can be at times.  I got to talk to some old friends/neighbors, Ed and Bev, about juicing.  They have been juicing for ~20 years.  Ed even turned a little orange one time ; )  They are in their 70's and look exactly the same as they did when I was a kid.  Ed expressed how juicing makes him feel so much better and more energetic.  He has been juicing twice daily "and I guess I always will".  Bev offered the "tape" that got them started so long ago.  Too bad I don't have an 8 track player!!  (love you Bev)  I am also getting some feedback/messages from friends who have juiced, plan to juice, want to juice, have questions and concerns about juicing....  It is all motivating.  "Juicers" aren't always who you think they would be, just people who want to be health conscious.  Thank you all!!!  I am feeling strong today, mentally and physically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment